Is your home safe from potential flooding problems? Here are a few tips for homeowners who want to make sure everything is safe at all times:
- Check Your Hoses – Water hoses to that go to your ice maker, dishwasher, or washing machine can wear down over time and cause damage in your home. Keep an eye on these parts of your home to ensure that they are working correctly and replace them at the first sign of trouble.
- Clean Your Gutters – Keeping your gutters clean can stop a lot of water damage in your home. If you do not have them cleaned, water that hasn’t been appropriately transported away from your house can cause foundation, exterior, and roof damage that may be very expensive.
- Watch Your Water Usage – How often do you just pay your water bill without looking at it? If you notice an increase in usage, you may have a leak in your home. This leak may be visible, but it may also be in the walls or some other place you cannot see.
If you are dealing with water damage in Portland, OR, you can rest assured that the team at F.I.R.E. Restoration will help you. We also provide assistance for individuals dealing with a fire or other structural damage.
Do you know what to do after your home has been damaged by fire or water? We have put together a handful of tips to help you after this terrible event:
- Only Let Necessary People in Your Home – After a flood or fire, you are going to get a lot of neighbors and onlookers who want to catch a glimpse of your home. You should limit the people who come into your home, making sure that only immediate family member and people assisting with the process are allowed inside.
- Leave Appliances Alone – It may be tempting, but you should leave your kitchen appliances alone. The fire or flood may have caused problems with the wiring. Wait for a specialist to come into your home to assess the damage. We have ways to ensure everything is cleaned properly.
- Never Eat Any Food in Your Home – You never want to eat any food that was sitting in your home during a fire. The smoke and soot will damage any food and can make you very sick. If your home was flooded, you run the risk of eating moldy food.
The team at F.I.R.E. Restoration is ready to help you when you are dealing with fire or water damage in Portland, OR. Call us at (503) 305-7285 to inquire about our services.
Has your home flooded recently? If the answer is yes, here are a few tips to help keep things safe:
- Move Damaged Items – If there are any items that you are sure are permanently damaged, you should get these items out of your home as soon as possible. While removing these items, you should wear rubber gloves and shoes with a sturdy sole to ensure that no one gets hurt while moving these items.
- Start Cleaning What You Can – Whether it is as simple as mopping up some of the leftover water or starting to clean areas that have not been damaged by water but are still messy, cleaning up what you can is a wise plan. This ensures you know what is happening in each quadrant of your home.
- Use Your Fans – It will generally take mold about two to three days to grow in your home, so turn on your fans now to help slow the process. If too much mold grows, you may have to remove parts of your home completely. Box fans and dehumidifiers are a great start.
Deal with your water damage in Portland, OR, when you work with the specialists at F.I.R.E. Restoration. We can assist you with floods and storm damage, as well as fire and structural issues.
water damage portland orDealing with water damage in your home is frustrating, as water damage can penetrate an entire structure and do a lot of damage. Take a look at some of the steps we take to put a stop to water damage:
- Removing Water – Once the water has stopped, we have to eliminate standing water in your home. If we let it sit, it can cause more damage.
- Tests and Assessments – After the water is removed, we will need to test everything in your home to see what is salvageable. We will provide you with a detailed analysis that covers all potential costs.
- Plans and Permits – The next phase of our process is to put together any plans and get any necessary permits to make the required repairs. We handle this aspect so you do not have to worry about it.
- Demolition and Reconstruction – At this point, we will remove any damaged parts of your property and start the reconstruction process. We only use the best subcontractors and work hard to ensure you are satisfied with our services.
When you are dealing with water damage in Portland, OR, you can trust the team at F.I.R.E. Restoration to help you. Our team is ready to help you after a flood, as well as provide you with fire, smoke, and structure damage restoration assistance.