Before you start to clean after a fire, you need to consider the health issues that come along with this work. You may have problems with the following:
- Asthma – Cleaning up after a fire when you have asthma is incredibly dangerous. An individual with asthma who inhales too much carbon monoxide, soot, and dioxide are in danger of getting permanent lung damage. They can also be affected by mold that comes along with this kind of damage.
- Chronic Bronchitis – Many people have to deal with acute bronchitis at least once or twice in their life, but chronic bronchitis is much more severe. This disease can last for a few months or even a number of years. If you clean up without proper protection, you may start to have problems with bronchitis.
- Skin Issues – Did you know that smoke particles in the air can also affect your skin? If you have sensitive skin, you should have someone clean up your home as soon as possible. If you stay in the environment, your skin may completely dry out.
Contact the team at F.I.R.E. Restoration when you are in need of fire damage repair and cleanup services in the Portland area. We are always happy to work hard for you.
Is your home safe from potential flooding problems? Here are a few tips for homeowners who want to make sure everything is safe at all times:
- Check Your Hoses – Water hoses to that go to your ice maker, dishwasher, or washing machine can wear down over time and cause damage in your home. Keep an eye on these parts of your home to ensure that they are working correctly and replace them at the first sign of trouble.
- Clean Your Gutters – Keeping your gutters clean can stop a lot of water damage in your home. If you do not have them cleaned, water that hasn’t been appropriately transported away from your house can cause foundation, exterior, and roof damage that may be very expensive.
- Watch Your Water Usage – How often do you just pay your water bill without looking at it? If you notice an increase in usage, you may have a leak in your home. This leak may be visible, but it may also be in the walls or some other place you cannot see.
If you are dealing with water damage in Portland, OR, you can rest assured that the team at F.I.R.E. Restoration will help you. We also provide assistance for individuals dealing with a fire or other structural damage.
Do you know what to do after your home has been damaged by fire or water? We have put together a handful of tips to help you after this terrible event:
- Only Let Necessary People in Your Home – After a flood or fire, you are going to get a lot of neighbors and onlookers who want to catch a glimpse of your home. You should limit the people who come into your home, making sure that only immediate family member and people assisting with the process are allowed inside.
- Leave Appliances Alone – It may be tempting, but you should leave your kitchen appliances alone. The fire or flood may have caused problems with the wiring. Wait for a specialist to come into your home to assess the damage. We have ways to ensure everything is cleaned properly.
- Never Eat Any Food in Your Home – You never want to eat any food that was sitting in your home during a fire. The smoke and soot will damage any food and can make you very sick. If your home was flooded, you run the risk of eating moldy food.
The team at F.I.R.E. Restoration is ready to help you when you are dealing with fire or water damage in Portland, OR. Call us at (503) 305-7285 to inquire about our services.
Finding someone to help you repair your home after a fire can be stressful. Here are three reasons why you should hire specialists to assist you:
- Let Someone Help You – We know how upsetting it can be to deal with a fire or flooding in your home. The stress can be maddening. You just want to get back to your normal life. Instead of taking everything on yourself, you can count on our team to help you. It will be one less thing for you to worry about.
- The Right Tools for the Job – The specialists at our business have been providing restoration services for many years, so you can rest assured that we have the right tools for the job. We use only the best cleaners, make sure that everyone has masks on, and work hard to repair your home.
- Get the Right Advice – You can sit online and get a lot of advice regarding what you should do after a fire occurs in your home, but you never know who has written this information. Our team of certified professionals will be able to tell you what needs to be updated, what items can stay, and what needs to be thrown away.
When you are seeking fire damage repair services in Portland and the surrounding areas, you can count on the specialists at F.I.R.E. Restoration to help you. Our business also offers repair services for properties that have had structural and water damage.
Dealing with damage to your home is frustrating and often sad. The team at F.I.R.E. Restoration understands your grief and works hard to make the process as simple as possible. We have put steps in place to ensure that we operate efficiently. One of those steps is the demolition process.
When it comes to floods and water damage, demolition is generally the last step before we start rebuilding your home. There are many pieces of your home that must be removed to make sure that mold and mildew do not persist. We will take these spots down, and then hire only the best subcontractors to restore these damaged areas. The individuals we employ to take care of these issues are of the highest quality. We have worked with them for years, so you can rest assured that they will complete the task on time and within your budget. You will be with us every step of the way, so there will be no surprises when we start working in your home.
Count on our team when you need water restoration in Portland, OR. The talented team at F.I.R.E. Restoration is always working hard to improve and revitalize your property after it has been damaged.
Has your home flooded recently? If the answer is yes, here are a few tips to help keep things safe:
- Move Damaged Items – If there are any items that you are sure are permanently damaged, you should get these items out of your home as soon as possible. While removing these items, you should wear rubber gloves and shoes with a sturdy sole to ensure that no one gets hurt while moving these items.
- Start Cleaning What You Can – Whether it is as simple as mopping up some of the leftover water or starting to clean areas that have not been damaged by water but are still messy, cleaning up what you can is a wise plan. This ensures you know what is happening in each quadrant of your home.
- Use Your Fans – It will generally take mold about two to three days to grow in your home, so turn on your fans now to help slow the process. If too much mold grows, you may have to remove parts of your home completely. Box fans and dehumidifiers are a great start.
Deal with your water damage in Portland, OR, when you work with the specialists at F.I.R.E. Restoration. We can assist you with floods and storm damage, as well as fire and structural issues.
A fire restoration specialist can provide you with a wide array of services after a fire. Here are three ways in which we can help you:
- We Have Special Equipment – Cleaning your home after a fire is not as simple as putting on a mask and spraying a degreaser everywhere. You need special tools and cleaners to tidy up your house. If you do not use these, your home will smell bad for years. Furthermore, the lingering soot could cause health problems.
- We Have Experience – Our business has been helping people clean their homes after fires for many years, so we know what it takes to rehabilitate a property correctly. When you work with our experienced team, you can rest assured that everything will be completed in a fast and efficient manner. We want you to be back in your home as soon as possible.
- We Help Salvage Your Home – After a fire, you may be tempted to throw everything away. When you hire a specialist to provide you with smoke damage restoration in Portland, OR, you will have someone there to tell you what must go, as well as what can stay.
Count on the team at F.I.R.E. Restoration to help you with your project. Our specialists will be able to assist you after a fire, as well as provide water damage rehabilitation services.
Mold can grow on nearly any surface in your home – including your carpet. We have put together a list of three ways to prevent mold from destroying your carpets:
Clean Standing Water Fast – Whether you have had a small leak in your home from the AC or have just spilled a large bottle of water, it is essential that you clean it up as fast as possible. Once you have gotten everything up with towels, you should try to put a fan on the moist area.
Control the Humidity in Your Home – If you let the humidity in your home get too high, mold can start to develop in your carpets. It would help if you always paid attention to the humidity, never letting it get up to 60%. Additionally, never let the temperature get over 80 degrees if you can help it.
Choose Different Flooring – Have you gotten mold on your carpets before? Instead of putting down new carpet, you may want to consider a different style of flooring. Wood floors are always an excellent investment. You could also install some beautiful new tile.
If there has been some minor flooding in your home, you can trust the team at F.I.R.E. Restoration to help. Not only do we provide fire rehabilitation services, we are also the company to call when you need water restoration in Portland, OR.
water damage portland orDealing with water damage in your home is frustrating, as water damage can penetrate an entire structure and do a lot of damage. Take a look at some of the steps we take to put a stop to water damage:
- Removing Water – Once the water has stopped, we have to eliminate standing water in your home. If we let it sit, it can cause more damage.
- Tests and Assessments – After the water is removed, we will need to test everything in your home to see what is salvageable. We will provide you with a detailed analysis that covers all potential costs.
- Plans and Permits – The next phase of our process is to put together any plans and get any necessary permits to make the required repairs. We handle this aspect so you do not have to worry about it.
- Demolition and Reconstruction – At this point, we will remove any damaged parts of your property and start the reconstruction process. We only use the best subcontractors and work hard to ensure you are satisfied with our services.
When you are dealing with water damage in Portland, OR, you can trust the team at F.I.R.E. Restoration to help you. Our team is ready to help you after a flood, as well as provide you with fire, smoke, and structure damage restoration assistance.
When your home is damaged by water, mold will eventually start to develop. Take a look at just some of the ways mold can affect your home:
- Makes You and Your Family Sick – Mold can cause many health problems for you and your family. People who are sensitive to mold can have allergic reactions, as well as asthma attacks. If you have children, older people, or individuals with compromised immune systems living with you, you need to do something about the mold.
- Destroys Walls, Ceilings, and More – Mold will start to ruin any organic materials in your home, such as wood, paper, and fabrics. It will eat away at these natural materials, causing them to rot and fall apart. If left unchecked, it can eventually cause structural damage.
- Ruins Your Décor – Whether it is causing damage or not, mold makes your home look terrible. It can make even the cleanest room look like a pit of despair. It is vital that you take care of potential problems as soon as you can to stop permanent damage.
Take care of your home or business with help from the team at F.I.R.E. Restoration. When you hire us for water restoration in Portland, OR, we will work hard to make sure mold has been removed from your home.