Before you start to clean after a fire, you need to consider the health issues that come along with this work. You may have problems with the following:
- Asthma – Cleaning up after a fire when you have asthma is incredibly dangerous. An individual with asthma who inhales too much carbon monoxide, soot, and dioxide are in danger of getting permanent lung damage. They can also be affected by mold that comes along with this kind of damage.
- Chronic Bronchitis – Many people have to deal with acute bronchitis at least once or twice in their life, but chronic bronchitis is much more severe. This disease can last for a few months or even a number of years. If you clean up without proper protection, you may start to have problems with bronchitis.
- Skin Issues – Did you know that smoke particles in the air can also affect your skin? If you have sensitive skin, you should have someone clean up your home as soon as possible. If you stay in the environment, your skin may completely dry out.
Contact the team at F.I.R.E. Restoration when you are in need of fire damage repair and cleanup services in the Portland area. We are always happy to work hard for you.
Is your home safe from potential flooding problems? Here are a few tips for homeowners who want to make sure everything is safe at all times:
- Check Your Hoses – Water hoses to that go to your ice maker, dishwasher, or washing machine can wear down over time and cause damage in your home. Keep an eye on these parts of your home to ensure that they are working correctly and replace them at the first sign of trouble.
- Clean Your Gutters – Keeping your gutters clean can stop a lot of water damage in your home. If you do not have them cleaned, water that hasn’t been appropriately transported away from your house can cause foundation, exterior, and roof damage that may be very expensive.
- Watch Your Water Usage – How often do you just pay your water bill without looking at it? If you notice an increase in usage, you may have a leak in your home. This leak may be visible, but it may also be in the walls or some other place you cannot see.
If you are dealing with water damage in Portland, OR, you can rest assured that the team at F.I.R.E. Restoration will help you. We also provide assistance for individuals dealing with a fire or other structural damage.